Newsgroups: comp.unix.bsd
From: pa...@icecreambar.css.itd.umich.edu (Paul Southworth)
Subject: 386bsd -- The New Newsgroup
Sender: n...@terminator.cc.umich.edu (Usenet Owner)
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1992 14:01:41 GMT

I'm getting just about anxious enough about having a 386bsd-only
newsgroup(s) to do something about it.  It appears to me, and from some
brief discussions with various other enthusiasts, that coordination is
what is required for this effort, since there are plenty of supporters out
there.

1. Is there currently any person or group of people attempting to
coordinate another go at making a new newsgroup?

2. Do people think it might be appropriate to do a single mass-mailing to
all people who have expressed interest in a new newsgroup when we are
ready to go for a vote (ie, to draw them back to the group if they happen
to be reading infrequently)?  I assume that such an effort would greatly
benefit those who tend to show up only when they have problems.

I'm willing to contribute some effort to this.  In the interest of not
duplicating anyone's work, I'd like to hear what's already being done on
this front.

Paul Southworth
<not speaking for>
Consulting & Support Services