Newsgroups: comp.realtime,sci.geo.satellite-nav,comp.programming,netcom.general
From: mcma...@netcom.com (Dave Mc Mahan)
Subject: How to determine when daylight savings time switches?
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 1994 15:45:30 GMT

I have been asked to find out how to determine the exact date used to cause
a switch from standard time to daylight savings time.  I know that there
are two such switches each year (one in the fall to switch to standard time
and one in the spring to switch to daylight savings time) and I know that
the switch always occurs early on a Sunday morning, but I need to know how
those particular days are selected.  Can you help me?

If there are places that pick the date to switch in non-standard ways, I
would like hear about those as well.

Please send all replies directly to the poster (mcma...@netcom.com), since
this is being put into several newsgroups at once.

   -dave
--
Dave McMahan                            mcma...@netcom.com
                                        37N 17.382    121W 59.190