From: murph...@eisner.decus.org (Paul Murphy)
Newsgroups: comp.org.decus,comp.sys.dec,vmsnet.decus.lugs
Subject: DECUS UNIX Developer's Conference
Date: 21 Oct 94 16:25:50 -0400

         DECUS '94/ANAHEIM TO FEATURE A UNIX DEVELOPER'S CONFERENCE
             "A Comprehensive Practicum For UNIX Professionals
             And Those Interested In Learning More About UNIX"

SHREWSBURY, MA. October 21, 1994 -- DECUS '94/Anaheim, the upcoming
seminars, symposium, and trade show program sponsored by the U.S. Chapter of
DECUS, will feature a UNIX Developer's Conference, a comprehensive practicum
designed to benefit both UNIX professionals and those interested in learning
more about UNIX.

The UNIX Developer's Conference will include five full-day seminars on the
weekend of December 10 and 11, and over 65 hours of sessions during the
four-day symposium scheduled for December 12 - 15. Topics to be addressed
include: administering a network of UNIX systems; creating and modifying
programs for ease of portability over multiple UNIX platforms; recognizing
the differences and similarities between DEC OSF/1, OSF/1, and other systems
in the UNIX family; understanding UNIX security features; utilizing shell
programming on UNIX; and migrating issues.

Attendees will also have the opportunity to participate in tracks on:
TCP/IP; UNIX System Management for OpenVMS System Managers; Motif; and CDE.

Industry expert Rob Kolstad of Berkley Systems Development, Inc. will
share his views on the future of the software industry during the
Developer's Conference keynote address, "Software What're We Gonna Do?", on
Tuesday, December 13.

On Wednesday, December 14 a panel of users and vendors will discuss
strategic issues facing COSE and the UNIX community during the session "UNIX
The Once and Future System".

The DECUS Trade Show, scheduled for December 12-14 will feature a variety of
today's top solutions providers including UNIX-based solutions from vendors
including: Digital Equipment Corporation; DISC Corporation; White Pine
Software; Touch Technologies, Inc.; The Wollongong Group; TGV, Inc.; Storage
Technology Corporation; Novell, Inc.; and Oracle Corporation.

Scheduled for December 10-15, 1994 at the Anaheim Convention Center,
Anaheim, California, DECUS '94/Anaheim will cover a variety of topics of
interest to today's Information Technology professionals. Attendees will
learn about the tools and techniques used to manage and develop
heterogeneous platforms and will be exposed to state-of-the-practice
solutions through a mix of offerings presented by industry leaders, product
engineers and developers, and day-to-day product users.

There is no additional charge to attend the UNIX Developer's Conference.
Admission is covered under the DECUS '94/Anaheim seminars and daily
symposium fees. Attendees will realize a substantial savings over on-site
fees by registering for DECUS '94/Anaheim by November 16, 1994. For more
information, or to register, contact DECUS Customer Service at
1-800-DECUS55.

More information on DECUS '94/Anaheim is also available via: World Wide Web:
http://www.decus.org/, Gopher: gopher.decus.org, Anonymous FTP:
ftp.decus.org, E-mail: mails...@decus.org (send message HELP), TELNET:
decus.org, or via modem to 508-842-1930 (enter DECUSPROGRAM no password) -
provides an interactive search-and-query facility.

The U.S. Chapter of DECUS, the Digital Equipment Computer Users Society, is
an association of Information Technology professionals interested in the
products, services, and technologies of Digital Equipment Corporation and
related vendors. The Association's purpose is to promote the unimpeded
exchange of information, with the goal of helping its members and their
organizations to be more successful. The Chapter provides each member with
means to enhance their professional development, forums for technical
training, mechanisms for obtaining up-to-date information, advocacy
programs, and opportunities for informal disclosure and interaction with
professional colleagues of like interests.

                                    ###

DEC, DECUS, the DECUS logo, Digital and OpenVMS are trademarks of Digital
Equipment Corporation.

CDE is a registered trademark of Health Systems International; Motif and
OSF/1 are registered trademarks of the Open Software Foundation; UNIX is a
registered trademark in the United States and other countries, licensed
exclusively through X/Open Company, Ltd.

--

	Paul Murphy - DECUS U.S. Chapter | Email: murph...@decus.org

>         DECUS '94/ANAHEIM TO FEATURE A UNIX DEVELOPER'S CONFERENCE
>             "A Comprehensive Practicum For UNIX Professionals
>             And Those Interested In Learning More About UNIX"

Is this a "re-marketing" of the traditional UNIX stream that was always at
symposium and usually under the watchful eye of UNISIG?

Will there be future press releases indicating a VMS Developer's Conference?

later,
brian

--
Brian Luther                              E-mail: brian_lut...@dofasco.ca
Technical Leader                           Voice: (905)548-4610

DOFASCO Inc.,PA-#2MS Optech,P.O.Box 2460, Hamilton, Ontario, CANADA L8N 3J5

     STANDARD$DISCLAIMER: I speak only for myself, no one else!