From: dwex@aib.com (David E. Wexelblat)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce,comp.os.386bsd.announce,comp.windows.x.i386unix
Subject: The XFree86 Project, Inc has a new president...
Date: 16 Nov 1994 11:43:40 +0200

	Effective November 15, 1994, I am taking an indefinite sabatical
	as President of The XFree86 Project, Inc.  David Dawes will be
	the new President, as elected by the Board of Directors of the
	corporation.  I will remain as a member of the Board of Directors
	for the forseeable future.  Whether or not I return as an officer
	of the corporation will be determined at some time in the future,
	and will depend on how my personal fortunes and those of the
	corporation evolve.

	David is the last remaining active member of the "Gang of Four".
	He's put more work into XFree86 releases than anyone else, especially
	3.0 and 3.1.  There is no one more qualified to lead XFree86 than
	David.  I hope he will get the same support and recognition that
	I have gotten.

	When I initiated the project that became XFree86, almost three
	years ago, none of the original four of us (myself, David Dawes,
	Glenn Lai, and Jim Tsillas) could have imagined what the project
	would become.  Evolving in concert with Linux and the BSD-derived
	free OSs, XFree86 has become one of the most significant free
	software projects of all time.  Forming the corporation and
	joining the X Consortium was a major high point in the development
	of the project.

	But the time has come for me to move on to other things.  My work
	with a startup software company has taken just about all of my
	time, such that I contribute little except my name to XFree86 any
	more.  I find that I have so little time for my other hobbies
	(playing guitar, working on my stamp collection, building models,
	playing roller-hockey) that I find no joy in my work with XFree86
	any more.  Hence I am leaving to take the time to pursue those
	things that still do bring joy to my life.

	I will miss XFree86; that's why I leave the possibility open that
	I will return to it.  But until I have more time in my life, there
	is no longer time for XFree86.  I will miss my friends, and the
	work we have done together.  Perhaps I will have more to contribute
	in the future.

	I will be attending the X Technical Conference in Boston in January,
	and I will, for the third year in a row, host an X On Intel-Based
	Unix Birds-of-a-Feather session.  This will be my last official act
	of involvement with XFree86.

--
David Wexelblat < dwex@aib.com>  (703) 430-9247 x301  Fax: (703) 450-4560
AIB Software Corporation, 46030 Manekin Plaza, Suite 160, Dulles, VA  20166

Mail regarding XFree86[TM] should be sent to < xfree86@xfree86.org>

"What happened to the 'Kaboom'?
  There was supposed to be an Earth-shattering 'Kaboom'!"
	-- Marvin the Martian, "Hareway to the Stars"

--
Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: linux-announce@tc.cornell.edu