From: wa...@clark.net (Tim Waire)
Subject: Daylight Savings Time
Date: 1995/07/26
organization: Clark Internet Services, Inc., Ellicott City, MD USA
content-type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=ISO-8859-1
mime-version: 1.0
newsgroups: comp.unix.aix

This is sorta an off-the-wall question.  We have a real-time system that
is highly date/time dependent.

One of our IS folks is curious how a change in the date of when daylight
savings time is applied would be handled?  Would IBM have to provide a
PTF?  Basically, what if the dates move from September and June as
currently defined.

All it takes for this date to change is a mandate from Congress.  I
understand they did just that during the 70's oil embargo.  In the how of
adding daylight hours to spare heating fuel.

Thanks for any input.

/taw

--
Tim Waire                                                   FidoNet: 1:261/1138
CyberSoft, LLC                                     Internet: wa...@cybermac.com