From: al...@primenet.com (Alan Hamilton)
Subject: Exchange timezones
Date: 1995/11/09
organization: Primenet
newsgroups: comp.os.ms-windows.win95.misc

	I've noticed a problem MS Exchange has with certain "Date:" lines.
Every so often I get a date line like

Date: Thu, 9 Nov 1995 4:07:19 -0600 (CST)

Apparently, having both the -600 and CST confuses Exchange.  It considers
this time to be GMT, and thus converts it to the wrong time when converting
to my local timezone (MST).  I realize that RFC822 doesn't allow this format,
but it seems to be common.  (For that matter, RFC822 only allows US
timezones, plus UT, GMT, and single letter military zones.  Zones like CET
aren't allowed.)

Since I'd like to sort my mail by the Sent time, this is a problem.

--
      /
  /  *  /  Alan Hamilton