From: Todd C Miller <mill...@cs.Colorado.EDU>
Subject: Re: NetBSD camp reaction to OpenBSD?
Date: 1995/11/25
references: <30B6A790.41C67EA6@FreeBSD.org>
organization: University of Colorado, Boulder
reply-to: mill...@cs.Colorado.EDU (Todd C Miller)
newsgroups: comp.unix.bsd.netbsd.misc,comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc
originator: millert@xyzzy. (Todd C Miller)

Speaking simply as someone who watched all of the sillyness that
transpired on the NetBSD mailing lists during the Theo escapade,
I'm sorrow that the schism happened, but that's about it.
Theo has done some amazing work and I hope that the copyright
for OpenBSD is in the Berkeley style so that the other BSD's
can pick up some of his stuff.  I'm sure that there will be
quite a few people upset about yaBSD (yet another BSD), but
I don't see healthy competition being a real problem as long
as both camps are free to incorporate the other's ideas and
code.  Not surprisingly, this is how I felt about the NetBSD/FreBSD
split.

 - todd
--
Todd C. Miller   Sysadmin--University of Colorado   Todd.Mil...@cs.colorado.edu