From: SCO Information <i...@sco.COM>
Subject: Free SCO OpenServer - FAQ
Date: 1996/09/05
sender: ed...@xenitec.on.ca (Ed Hew)
organization: XeniTec Consulting Services, Kitchener, ON, Canada
followup-to: comp.unix.sco.misc
newsgroups: comp.unix.sco.announce

FREE SCO OpenServer - Frequently Asked Questions      5 Sept 1996
Below are some questions and answers concerning SCO's new Free*
SCO OpenServer product and licenses.  Detailed information
regarding this product is available on SCO's WWW Home Page at
http://www.sco.com under "Products".

Q:  What is it?
A: Free SCO OpenServer is an evaluation version of SCO OpenServer
Desktop System and Development System that is licensed for
evaluation in educational and non-commercial environments.  The
license is free of charge.  The product media (if you need it)
costs $19 plus shipping, handling, and any applicable taxes.

Q: What can I do with it?
A: You can use it for learning about UNIX systems , developing
software that you do not sell, or to run a personal web site.
You may not use it in your business or to support profit-making
activities.

Q: How do I get it?
A: Free SCO OpenServer is ordered and licensed via the Internet.
To acquire your license, or to order product, direct your
Internet web browser to http://www.sco.com then select
"Products", from which you can find the licensing page.
At this time, SCO can only accept credit card orders with
payment in US dollars.

Q: I've read about FREE SCO OpenServer in a trade magazine. I don't have
   Web access. How can I get FREE SCO OpenServer ?
A: We want to make the FREE SCO OpenServer media available at the
absolute minimum cost.  To reduce the administrative burden, we
have placed the media and licensing forms on the Web only.  If
you have no Web connection, you'll need to enlist the help of
someone who does.  Most University Computer Science departments
will have Web access, as do many computer equipment resellers,
and Web access is demonstrated in most computer exhibitions
today.

Q: Can I download the FREE SCO OpenServer media rather than buying the
   CD-ROM media ?