From: jmayn...@thebrain.conmicro.com (Jay Maynard)
Subject: HP-UX newbie questions
Date: 1998/11/02
Newsgroups: comp.sys.hp.hpux

I've just gotten one of the ONSALE 712/60s. I've gotten 10.20 installed on
it (and not a lot of room left), but still have some questions/problems. I'm
a newbie to HP-UX, but not to Unix; my experience is with Solaris and
Digital Unix, as well as Linux.

1) Whose bright idea was it to get rid of /bin ? Lots of stuff breaks that
way...related: Is there any reason not to do 'ln -s /usr/bin /bin'?

2) My ksh doesnn't recognize the ENV environment variable. I poked through
the patch listings on the HP site, and found that this problem had been
corrected on 10.24, but not 10.20. Is there a fix for this one floating
around somewhere?

3) Is 10.20 what I want to run?

Thanks for any help...