From: j...@kill.spam.omsmotion.com
Subject: Open-Source Solaris
Date: 1999/10/13
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.security

This isn't really a security related post but I'm sure it's of
interest to the local dwellers...

I just read in Internet Week that Sun will soon be releasing the
source for Solaris.  Anyone have any thoughts on that?

What kind of impact would you expect this would have on the further
development of Linux, if any?
Would you expect a mass exodus to Solaris from Linux as a result?
Is Solaris considered secure and robust enough to be any kind of
threat to Linux?  Or phrased another way, is there room for another
*NIX kid on this block?
Would you anticipate enough programmers to shift to Solaris to make a
dent in Linux' progress?  Or could we expect a lot more cross-platform
development?

Just curious... this one got me thinking and I just *hate* that ;)

Jon