From: j...@cs.tu-berlin.de (Joerg Schilling)
Subject: Sun releases Solaris 8 source code
Date: 2000/12/02
Newsgroups: comp.unix.solaris

A few hours ago, Sun announced on

	http://www.sun.com/software/solaris/source/

the availability of the Solaris 8 source code.

You may get the sources via the internet but you need
to print/fill/fax the license aggreement first to get
a license number (whithin 72 hours).

If I understand the license correctly, modifications must
be put on the Sun web server to prevent sharing with
non-licensees.

The source is in ZIP :-( Format and 183.42 MB  in size
so I expect that many parts are missing because they are
not owned by Sun.

As I have no fax at home it seems that I would not be able
to get access before wednesday :-(

--
EMail:jo...@schily.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
      j...@cs.tu-berlin.de		(uni)  If you don't have iso-8859-1