From: jmayn...@thebrain.conmicro.com (Jay Maynard)
Subject: VAXstation 3500 problems
Date: 1998/09/27
Newsgroups: comp.os.vms

I've picked up another NASA surplus VAX, this time a VAXstation 3500. The
system has: KA650-BA, two MS650-AA, a VCB02 with two memory boards, a DELQA,
a TQK70/TK70, an empty slot where an Emulex used to be :-( , and a KDA50
with two RA7x drives, all in one BA213 box.

Unfortunately, this one doesn't fire up all the way...when I turn it on with
the VCB02 controller (but not the memory boards) removed, and grant cards in
the three open slots (in the AB half), it tells me it's a KA650-BA v1.2,
then counts down from 30 to 17 and hangs. If I run tests A9 or 40, it
reports running test 4F and hangs. If I run test 4F by itself, it runs and
completes quickly with no reported errors. I've reseated the boards and
memory-CPU cables, with no success. What am I missing?