From: mi...@ux5.lbl.gov (Mike Chin)
Newsgroups: comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32
Subject: rsh, ddeml
Date: 8 Sep 1993 20:10:34 GMT

Is there an rsh service for NT? I'd like to be able to
start applications on networked machines.

I'm quite pleased with msvcnt; I was able to recompile a win31 app
developed under msvc/MFC without having to modify the .cpp/.h in any
way. The performance improvement for my MDI animation demo was
tremendous; under win31 the demo can't handle more than 4 windows
while the nt version was still lively at 8, and able to poke along
with ~80 windows open.

However:

It seems that the DDEML/MFC Developers CDROM example
does not compile w/o significant mods under msvcnt
(diffs in ddeml.h, perhaps).

Why isn't there builtin MFC support for DDEML?

If OLE is the future (I assume so because of the support
for it in the MFC), why aren't there any network versions?

mike chin
MJC...@lbl.gov