From: ca...@insync.net (CAZZI) (CAZZI)
Subject: Why no UNIX -> NT or vice versa
Date: 1996/05/26
organization: IMAGES! VP
newsgroups: comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.networking

I can see other NT and Workstation system plus the Novell boxes .. but I
cannot see any Unix systems ... what a farsighted concept. Am I missing
something abiout Unix boxes easily playing in the NT arena? Why hasn't
MS made some type of "browse" capability between the NT and Unix systems
.. will DCE save the day for us? Samba is not a soution in the
commercial world.

Any thoughts on this "feature" - lack of Unix connectivity.

Should I believe that C2 security has thwarted the development of such
connecticvity? What might this do to Kerberos apps?

Jacques