From: r...@GNU.AI.MIT.EDU (Richard Stallman)
Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help,comp.emacs
Subject: Emacs 19
Date: 22 Mar 91 00:09:17 GMT
Sender: dae...@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu

I have not worked on Emacs 19 myself since almost two years ago; I
haven't had time.  Unfortunately, there has been turnover in the
people working on it.  Dealing with Unipress's threats set things back
a few months also.  Projects slip, and it's not much use berating
people for the speed of their progress.  At least there is steady
progress now.

I was certainly mistaken when I predicted when Emacs 19 would be
available.  But I can't unsend that message now.  All I can do is
admit that it turned out to be wrong.