From korbomite@yahoo.com Sun, 22 Jul 2001 14:25:43 -0700 (PDT)
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 14:25:43 -0700 (PDT)
From: Michael Cannon korbomite@yahoo.com
Subject: [sklyarov-chicago] WHERE'S DMITRY?

Dmitry Sklyarov is missing!!!!

For details see
http://www.cluebot.com/article.pl?sid=01/07/19/2332232

WHERE'S DMITRY?????!!!!!

Somebody needs to make a BIG sign that asks THAT
question!!!  Given what happens in the Federal
prisons, let's hope that THIS issue is the one we work
on MOST right now!!

Michael J. Cannon

From pedro@tastytronic.net Sun, 22 Jul 2001 18:52:44 -0500
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 18:52:44 -0500
From: Peter A. Peterson II pedro@tastytronic.net
Subject: [sklyarov-chicago] Where's Dmitry? -- Tomorrow's Protest

Hi all,

First of all, I think we should stick to "FREE DMITRY", since that is a
true statement. That he *is* lost is unverifiable and looks like we're
being rabble rousers. The TRUTH is ridiculous enough. FREE DMITRY and
REPEAL DMCA I think are our points of focus.

Also, the press release says "shortly before noon," but we're meeting at
11:00 so that IF and WHEN the press show up, we'll already be in full
swing. Bring signs, and bring a backpack with water.

Mike, email me your cell phone number offlist so that I can forward it
to the EFF in case they choose to contact us during the protest.
Organizers in Boston and NYC have also requested that we be in contact
for "moral support".

THanks,

pedro

   FREE DMITRY SKLYAROV -- FBI has imprisioned a Russian software
   engineer for promoting and teaching the concept of "fair use".
Read more: http://www.eff.org/alerts/20010719_eff_sklyarov_alert.html