From: joost...@dds.nl (Joost van der Locht)
Subject: NT+Netscape or Linux+Apache??? Help
Date: 1997/02/23
Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix,comp.infosystems.www.servers.misc

Hi There,

For my Internet Service I need a good/stable/fast system.
I'm Thinking of:
- 2x Dual Pentium Pro's
- 2x 128 M
- 2x lot of gig's
- all of this clustered or mirrored or what ever to achieve load
balancing and avoid a single point of failure.

What is a good choice for me:
Using Windows NT and (also DNS and FTP??) and Netscape Suitespot or
going for Linux and Apache and whatever.

I'm also thinking of web servicing and doing some merchandizing on the
Internet.

Anyone whit some suggestions, remarks or hints, please let me know.

Thanks

Joost

<joost...@dds.nl>