From uug-list@uug.byu.edu  Wed Apr  2 04:26:25 2003
From: uug-list@uug.byu.edu (Arthur Moore)
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 21:26:25 -0700
Subject: [uug] official announcement

#####Official Announcement#####

Everyone has finally accepted their positions as club officers for next
year. So here it is:

President: Evan
Vice-President: Soren
Secretaries: Andrew and Nathan
WebMaster: Micheal Golden
SysAdmin: Hans Fugal

I'd really like to thank all those who participated in the Nomination
and Election processes. We had a lot of participation, and so I think it
was very successful!

On another note, I think I can speak for the rest of this year's
officers when I say that it's been a lot of fun for us. I have enjoyed
serving as the Unix Users Group President. I hope that I've done a good
job. So as I graduate here, I say adieu, goodbye. You know Free Software
I think is an amazing thing. It has allowed me to learn about computers
in a way I would never had been able to do with other software. It has
provided me a way to expand my mind in music, and my compositions. Free
software allows people to teach themselves, help others, learn a trade,
feed their family, even when they don't have the means to educate
themselves, or buy training. It also gives people the ability to use
their computer the way they want, not dictated by availability of funds
or anything else.

I'm thankful for Free Software. I'm also thankful for the Unix Users
Group and what it has given me. I'm just glad I was able to give a
little bit back in this last year.

Thanks again.

There will be an officer's meeting here in just a while. Evan should be
planning that.

Art Moore