OS/390 on ebay

edamjr

Mar 29, 2003

Well if IBM won't play ball, there's always ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3409143248

The curse of ebay: 'may you find everything you're looking for'

Mike

8:50 pm

Re: OS/390 on ebay

S. Vetter

Mar 29, 2003

Well shoot! What a deal and it went for 52 bucks no less! e-Bay also had
a H-30 up for bid last week (started at an unbelievably low price) and that
went for something like 16k and now I see they have an H-70 up for bid now
starting like 65k.

Scott

edamjr wrote:

> Well if IBM won't play ball, there's always ebay...
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3409143248
>
> The curse of ebay: 'may you find everything you're looking for'
>
> Mike
>

> Community email addresses:
> Post message: hercules-390@yahoogroups.com
> Subscribe: hercules-390-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
>
> Files and archives at:
>
> Get the latest version of Hercules from:
> http://www.conmicro.cx/hercules

9:46 pm

Re: OS/390 on ebay

peter_flass

Mar 31, 2003

This item was something called "Development environment for OS/390",
and the description said "runs under AIX or OS/390". I haven't a clue
what it actually was. Hey - I'd buy OS/390 for $52 myself ;-)

--- In hercules-390@yahoogroups.com, "S. Vetter" <svetter@a...> wrote:
> Well shoot! What a deal and it went for 52 bucks no less! e-Bay
also had
> a H-30 up for bid last week (started at an unbelievably low price)
and that
> went for something like 16k and now I see they have an H-70 up for
bid now
> starting like 65k.
>
> Scott
>
> edamjr wrote:
>
> > Well if IBM won't play ball, there's always ebay...
> >
> > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3409143248
> >
> > The curse of ebay: 'may you find everything you're looking for'
> >
> > Mike
> >

> > Community email addresses:
> > Post message: hercules-390@yahoogroups.com
> > Subscribe: hercules-390-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
> >
> > Files and archives at:
> >
> > Get the latest version of Hercules from:
> > http://www.conmicro.cx/hercules
> >
> > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

5:38 am

Re: OS/390 on ebay

edamjr

Mar 31, 2003

--- In hercules-390@yahoogroups.com, "peter_flass" <peter_flass@y...>
wrote:
> This item was something called "Development environment for OS/390",
> and the description said "runs under AIX or OS/390". I haven't a
clue
> what it actually was. Hey - I'd buy OS/390 for $52 myself ;-)

I recognised it - it was an ADCD disk set. As supplied to developers
with P/390s. It's not the first of these to appear on ebay!

Mike

7:22 am

Re: OS/390 on ebay

mainframeed

Apr 2, 2003

It seems that this or another OS/390 ADCD is for sale again on e-bay
by the same seller:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
ViewItem&item=3410394570&category=11228

--- In hercules-390@yahoogroups.com, "edamjr" <abaddon@a...> wrote:
> Well if IBM won't play ball, there's always ebay...
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3409143248
>
> The curse of ebay: 'may you find everything you're looking for'
>
> Mike

4:18 pm

Re: [hercules-390] Re: OS/390 on ebay

S. Vetter

Apr 2, 2003

I chatted with the seller and he stated he was going to be able to acquire
more copies (from where he hasn't said). Any idea what the one guy is going
to do with the five copies he bought?

Scott

mainframeed wrote:

> It seems that this or another OS/390 ADCD is for sale again on e-bay
> by the same seller:
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
> ViewItem&item=3410394570&category=11228
>
> --- In hercules-390@yahoogroups.com, "edamjr" <abaddon@a...> wrote:
> > Well if IBM won't play ball, there's always ebay...
> >
> > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3409143248
> >
> > The curse of ebay: 'may you find everything you're looking for'
> >
> > Mike
>

> Community email addresses:
> Post message: hercules-390@yahoogroups.com
> Subscribe: hercules-390-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
>
> Files and archives at:
>
> Get the latest version of Hercules from:
> http://www.conmicro.cx/hercules

5:35 pm

Re: OS/390 on ebay

Paul A. Scott

Apr 2, 2003

> I chatted with the seller and he stated he was going to be able to acquire
> more copies (from where he hasn't said). Any idea what the one guy is going
> to do with the five copies he bought?

I'm more interested to know how he can legally sell them, and how they could
possibly be used legally by anyone else.

--
Paul A. Scott
mailto:pscott@...

9:14 pm

Re: OS/390 on ebay

S. Vetter

Apr 2, 2003

Good questions...

Scott

"Paul A. Scott" wrote:

> > I chatted with the seller and he stated he was going to be able to acquire
> > more copies (from where he hasn't said). Any idea what the one guy is going
> > to do with the five copies he bought?
>
> I'm more interested to know how he can legally sell them, and how they could
> possibly be used legally by anyone else.
>
> --
> Paul A. Scott
> mailto:pscott@...
> http://skycoast.us/pscott/
>

> Community email addresses:
> Post message: hercules-390@yahoogroups.com
> Subscribe: hercules-390-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
>
> Files and archives at:
>
> Get the latest version of Hercules from:
> http://www.conmicro.cx/hercules

9:16 pm

Re: OS/390 on ebay

Harry van Burik

Apr 4, 2003

It seems that this item has been revoked for reasons unknown.

It seems that this or another OS/390 ADCD is for sale again on e-bay
by the same seller:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
ViewItem&item=3410394570&category=11228

--- In hercules-390@yahoogroups.com, "edamjr" <abaddon@a...> wrote:
> Well if IBM won't play ball, there's always ebay...
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3409143248
>
> The curse of ebay: 'may you find everything you're looking for'
>
> Mike

Community email addresses:
Post message: hercules-390@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe: hercules-390-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Files and archives at:

Get the latest version of Hercules from:
http://www.conmicro.cx/hercules

9:55 am

Re: OS/390 on ebay

S. Vetter

Apr 4, 2003

Could be that IBM caught up with him.

Scott

Harry van Burik wrote:

> It seems that this item has been revoked for reasons unknown.

10:00 am

Re: OS/390 on ebay

Tony Mori

Apr 4, 2003