From: alba...@netcom.com (Al Petrofsky)
Subject: Autodialing at socket connect time rather than at application start
Date: 1996/01/29
sender: alba...@netcom12.netcom.com
organization: NETCOM On-line Communication Services (408 261-4700 guest)
newsgroups: alt.winsock

I'm looking for a free ppp stack/dialer that will automatically dialup
when a winsock application makes a connection, and hang up when there
are no connections.  Specifically, I want to be able to use Netscape
2.0 to read and write email, but only have the net connection up when
I send or get mail.

The only packages I've used are the compuserve dialer, which has this
feature (but is not configurable for anything but compuserve), and
trumpet winsock, which does not (as far as I can tell).

I've been frustrated in my attempt to find any reviews of winsock
software that clearly state whether or not the auto-dial functioning
includes this feature.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
al