Date: Wed, 8 Mar 1995 00:37:22 -0800
From: albatros@netcom.com (Alloy Petrofsky)
To: cbaa_discussion@uclink2.berkeley.edu,
        calband_discussion@uclink2.berkeley.edu
Subject: New band wants you

Rosenquist & Petrofsky Productions are pleased to present the loudest,
hippest, funkiest, groovinest, most ecclesiastical band ever presented:

            **** THE SCREAMIN' HYPIN' REVIVAL *****

Yes!  Music *can* save your mortal soul.  And we'll show you how!

Are you looking for an occasional opportunity to play some rip-roarin'
charts with scores of new and old friends and a slightly insane
director?  Are you over eighteen?

If you answered yes to either of these questions, and you can play a
wind or percussion instrument, you owe it to yourself and your
spiritual well-being to come to our first rehearsal:

SUNDAY, MARCH 19, 1995, at the Cal Band rehearsal hall (BRH), below
Golden Bear Center on the UC Berkeley campus.

Doors will open at 7:00PM.  After sufficient time to setup and warmup,
music will commence at about 7:15PM.  After an hour or two of music,
we will adjourn to Kipp's for pizza, beverage, and carousing.  At
about 2:45AM, one of the remaining hearty souls will proclaim that he
or she is the third coming of Jesus Christ, and that the last coming
didn't go quite as planned.  Then everyone will go home.

If at all feasible, please bring your own instrument.  We may be able
to provide some snares and tubas.  All wind players are encouraged to
bring a maraca or two, or some other percussion instrument to play
during rests.

For the first rehearsal, our music consists of about a dozen of Erik's
arrangements.

There will probably be about 3-5 gigs/year, including the Bay to
Breakers footrace/street party, and the Castro Halloween street
party/drag race.  We will discuss other possibilities (strikeball
games, parades, festivals, etc.) at the rehearsal.

If you have any questions, please call Al Petrofsky, Manager,
+1 510 649 9463, or Erik Rosenquist, Director, +1 415 323 4635.

Remember to tell all your friends.

Note: Any resemblance between The Screamin' Hypin' Revival and other
Screen' Hypin' bands, living or dead, is not entirely coincidental.
Erik was the original director of the Screamin' Hypin' Band from 1990
to 1991, and Al was a member through much of its existence.  That
band's original manager, Ed Goodson, who now lives in Oregon, wishes
us well.