Date: Fri, 5 Jan 1996 06:40:46 -0800
From: Aletaster Petrofsky <albatros@netcom.com>
To: "Screamin' Hypin' Revivalists" <>
Subject: Rehearsal Sunday; Skiing update

REHEARSAL THIS SUNDAY, JAN 7, 7:13PM, CAL BAND REHEARSAL HALL

  Come on down for the most fun you've had since New Years! (and don't
  forget cash and/or your checkbook if you're going on the ski trip).

TAHOE SKIING/SNOWBOARDING/HOT-TUBBING GIG/FUN-O-RAMA SAT-SUN JAN 13-14

  Latest:
      Bus price: $20.  Lodging: $15.  Both are optional.
      Resorts: Sugar Bowl Saturday,  Homewood Sunday

  Homewood is currently precipitation-challenged.  I'm sure it will snow
  this week, but we're working on Diamond Peak as a backup plan.

  Come to rehearsal for all the details.

(This concludes the original content in this email.)

=======================
RECYCLED SHOUTING STUFF
=======================

    THIS SUNDAY JANUARY 7 IS THE LAST DAY TO SIGN UP FOR THE GIGS, THE
    LAST DAY TO SIGN UP AND PAY FOR THE LODGINGS, AND THE LAST DAY TO
    SIGN UP AND PAY FOR THE BUS.

====================
RECYCLED BLAND STUFF
====================

  LODGING:

    Woodvista Lodge, Tahoe Vista, on 28, 1/4 mile west of 267.  Features:
    hot tub, kitchenettes, proximity to Safeway and a few restaurants, and
    a friendly proprieter who will help you start your car.  We'll have
    two or three large rooms with the cooking facilities, and several
    standard rooms with two double beds.  We'll work out room assignments
    at the rehearsal.  If you have special needs or desires, let me know
    before rehearsal, and maybe you can be accommodated.

  BUS:

    The bus costs $20 per navel (or $10/buttock).  The bus schedule
    will be something like:

      Friday ~7:00PM      Leave from a free parking lot in the East Bay.
      Friday Night        Drop people off in Davis, to spend the night on the
			  floors of our gracious Davis friends.
      Saturday Early AM   Leave from a free parking lot in the Davis area.

      Sunday Dusk         Leave slopes when lifts close.
      Sunday Night        Drop some people off at Davis lot.
      Later Sunday Night  Drop rest of people off at East Bay lot.

    (The sleeping in Davis concept is also applicable to folks in cars, of
    course.)

    I highly recommend the bus.  It will be fun, safe, and easy.  As many
    of you know, Matt "Bus" Kaufman is *the* world's best bus driver:
    experienced, skilled (navigates ice, SF hills, and even parallel
    parking with ease), Cal-educated, committed to safety and excellence,
    etc..  Why deal with the ice, chains, and traffic, when Matt's
    dedicated his life so that you can be reclining in the lap of luxury?

    I'll let you know when the theme and menu have been decided.

  WHO SHOULD GO:

    As usual, everyone who can blow or percuss is encouraged to come to
    this rehearsal and gig.  So bring your blowing/percussing friends,
    relatives, etc..  People who can't make the rehearsal, but were there
    in December (or can name all the ingredients of a Sleigh Ride) are
    also highly encouraged to come to the gig.  Other folks who want to go
    should take the matter up with the SCC (Special Circumstances
    Committee) (me) (and don't expect me to say "Well, isn't that special"
    to every request).

    Feel free to bring along your spouses, spouse-equivalents,
    mistresses/misters, and totally unspouse-like acquaintances, and sign
    them up for the bus and/or lodgings.  If they want to ski free, too,
    well... there will be very few extra tickets, available only to
    friends of those who are at or around the Ace of Gigs award level
    (approximately 300-500 gig miles).

    None of this should be taken to discourage people who can't make
    the gigs from coming to the rehearsals.  If "One Sunday night a
    month, when I'm not busy" is all the commitment you can muster--
    hey, that's cool.  Glad to have you there.  Hell, I even consider
    the "Skim every other email, if I'm really bored" crowd to be a
    vital part of the band, and I know that many of them are future
    members of the "Come to rehearsal once a year when the
    refrigerator is totally empty and I could use a free drink" club.

snail mail: 2545 Regent St, Berkeley, CA 94704-2915
fax: +1 510 848 4638