From: ericv@hornet (Developer)
Subject: TIMEZONE ON VMS
Date: 1995/07/29
organization: Earthlink Network, Inc.
keywords: timezone, openvms, built-in
newsgroups: comp.os.vms
summary: Is there a way to get the timezone from OpenVMS?

Is there a way of implementing the retrieval of the machine's
timezone when using any language on VMS?  Sort of like getting
the date, or time, etc.  Just hardcoding it into a program
is not an option.

Thanks for any replies.

		regards,
                Eric Verwijs
                er...@hornet.wlv.esltd.com (until 28 July 1995) or
                verw...@esltd.com                               or
                ah...@freenet.carleton.ca

"Black flies, the little black flies.
Always the black flies no matter where you go.
I'll die with a black fly picking my bones
In North Ontario-io in North Ontario."
   Black Fly Song by Wade Hemsworth