From: Al Petrofsky <a...@petrofsky.org>
Newsgroups: comp.os.ms-windows.nt.misc
Subject: How do I make a display mode change that ctrl-alt-del will use?
Date: 26 Feb 2003 08:29:45 -0800
Sender: a...@radish.petrofsky.org

Hi,

I use an Nt 4.0 laptop at different locations with different monitors,
and thus frequently change the display resolution.

I also often use ctrl-alt-del to start the task manager or lock the
screen.

An annoyance is that if I have changed the resolution since startup,
ctrl-alt-del takes a few seconds to switch back to the old resolution,
and a few more seconds to switch to my desired resolution again.  The
only way I know to make ctrl-alt-del speedy is to shutdown and restart
after I change the resolution.

Is there some way, short of a shutdown, to tell NT that the current
display mode is good and should be used by the ctrl-alt-del screen?

-al