List:       linux-video
Subject:    [video4linux] Zoran ZR36120
From:       A James Lewis <james () vrtx ! net>
Date:       1998-07-08 0:53:15

My hardware supplier has kindly (accidently?) sent me a Cinemaster2 DVD/Mpeg2
decoder card along with my DVD-ROM (Which I got just to play with, knowing that
I would not really be able to use yet....)  Infact I did have to repair the card
because it was loose in a DHL bag and had a few of the larger caps ripped off...
Still one can't complain too much....

Now, I notice that the Cinemaster2 card is identified as a "Zoran ZR36120" which
has existing drivers for a PCI/TV card.. so I assume then that there's also an
MPEG decoder and some other stuff on the card which needs to be controlled to
make it feed the TV chip... Does anyone know of these cards and if theres
anything resembling a driver..??

www.zoran.com seems to suggest that they'll be reasonably open on information
for that chip... but I guess DVD video decoder information is kinda hard to coe
by....

as for www.cinemaster.com....  It's probably the most broken web site I've seen
in a long time....

James (james@linuxrocks.co.uk)
Vortex Internet
Ashes to Ashes, DOS to DOS.

message.

> for that chip... but I guess DVD video decoder information is kinda hard to coe
> by....

Ask them nicely I guess. Some Zoran chips have data sheets on their web site
but not (yet) the DVD card. DVD hardware is normally MPEG2 + key exchange
hardware for the encryption unlock

Alan
message.

> > for that chip... but I guess DVD video decoder information is kinda hard to coe
> > by....
>
> Ask them nicely I guess. Some Zoran chips have data sheets on their web site
> but not (yet) the DVD card. DVD hardware is normally MPEG2 + key exchange
> hardware for the encryption unlock

I have not checked the contents but a 450 KB pdf file may contain
something useful.

   http://www.zoran.com/ftp/download/devices/pci/ZR36120/36120data.pdf

Itai
--